Complete meal salad made from bulgur with duck, squash and beet gizzards.
Whether it’s summer or winter, I’m quite a fan of full-meal salads because it’s quick and easy to prepare. And just because it’s winter doesn’t mean we can’t put color on our plates! The proof with this very tasty salad with candied gizzards, squash, beetroot and quinoa . It’s pretty, complete, crunchy and melting, in short, a real comforting and balanced winter dish!
For the gizzards, I must admit that until a few years ago I was not really a fan, in fact, like many foods, I had been a little “traumatized” when I first tasted the ingredients of poor quality or poorly prepared, suddenly I had a priori. So be sure to choose quality ingredients for your recipes; I know I repeat it often but it is really the most important in my opinion: to privilege the good products !!
Here I chose to work with Valette brand Périgord duck gizzard confit , a sure bet because I already knew their foie gras and their duck breasts . I was not disappointed with these soft and flavorful gizzards! Moreover, at this time and until 12/31/2016, you can benefit from 10 € offered on the site www.valette.com and in the Valette shops from the purchase of 3 whole foie gras (half-cooked or can).
- 200 g bulgur and quinoa mixture
- 1 box of duck confit gizzards
- 100 g pulp of steamed squash , diced
- 1 cooked beet , diced
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons walnut oil
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. tablespoons mustard.
- Cook the quinoa and bulgur in a large volume of water for 12 minutes. Drain and put in a large salad bowl. Make a vinaigrette with the vinegar, mustard and oil.
- Add the diced squash and beetroot, squash seeds and the vinaigrette to the bowl and mix well.
- Grill the gizzards in a hot pan.
- Divide the salad between the plates then place the gizzards on top, serve immediately.