If there’s one thing you can find in most kitchens, it’s a paper towel roll! Practical and versatile, it quickly became indispensable in my kitchen, both for cleaning during the preparation of my dishes, for wiping fruit and vegetables or wrapping food. While there are several tips I already knew, like using a lightly dampened paper towel to keep herbs fresh longer, I learned a lot of new tricks by unrolling my Okay paper towel roll. ! As for example: to surround frozen bread with paper towel before defrosting it to keep all its crispness! And there are plenty of other tips to discover on the new limited edition Okay 🙂
I also have my little tips and I use my paper towel a lot in the kitchen, for example when I fry to absorb the excess fat after cooking. As for these small breaded mozzarella balls, a delight as an aperitif or accompanied by a green salad and cherry tomatoes. A first pass on the paper towel to dry them and make the breadcrumbs adhere better, then a second pass, after cooking, to absorb the excess fat! An easy and super quick recipe to make!
And you, do you have any kitchen tips with paper towels? Do not hesitate to let me know in a comment.
- 2 sachets of mozzarella balls
- 1 egg
- 5 c. tablespoons flour
- 5 c. tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Coffee paprika sweet or smoked
- salt and pepper Pepper
- olive oil
- Drain the mozzarella balls then place them on a paper towel to dry them. Prepare 3 plates with respectively the flour, the salted beaten egg and the breadcrumbs mixed with the paprika and pepper.
- Pass the very dry mozzarella balls in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. Repeat the operation a second time then set aside in the fridge.
- Put about 2 cm of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed sauté pan and heat over high heat. Lower the heat, then quickly bread the mozzarella balls in the hot oil. Remove with a skimmer and place the mozzarella balls on a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb the excess fat. Serve immediately.