A delicious vegetarian curry made with butternut squash, romaesco cabbage and chickpeas.
When the cold comes back, I really like making vegetable curries, it’s easy to make and very comforting. Always looking for new ideas, I found on Pintrest the recipe for Rock the pretzel , it immediately seduced me and I quickly put it on the menu with some modifications 🙂
The result is a delicious vegetarian curry, smooth and full of flavor! I really liked this full dish, the darling a little less because he did not appreciate the flavor of Romanesque cabbage, so if you are not a fan either, do not hesitate to replace it with another vegetable : spinach as in the original recipe, chard, carrots, etc …
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 Romanesque cabbage
- 400 g chickpeas
- 100 g peas or broad beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 20 cl coconut milk
- 1 stock cube
- 1 coriander
- olive oil
- Finely chop the onion, de-stem the garlic and squeeze it. Hull the coriander, keep the stems and chop the leaves. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Peel the squash and cut it into small cubes. Detach the florets from the Romanesco cabbage.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy-bottomed sauté pan and brown the onions and garlic. Add the coriander stems and the curry paste, mix well and cook for 3/4 minutes.
- Add the squash, Romanesco cabbage, chickpeas and coconut milk. Wet with water to height and add the stock cube. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 35 minutes.
- Stir from time to time and add water as needed.
- At the end of cooking, add the peas and adjust the seasoning. Cook for another 2 minutes and serve with basmati rice.