A delicious vegetarian Indian dish made with coral lentils.
Many of you have sent me messages asking me for vegetarian recipes in the batch cooking menus 🙂 As we are reducing our consumption of meat more and more at home, it is with pleasure that from this week I would suggest at least 1 fully vegetarian meal per week for the sale of batch cooking!
The menu will be online tomorrow as usual and you will find this coral lentil dahl there. I love Indian cuisine and especially the vegetarian dishes full of flavors it offers. This lentil dahl is great for a good full meal (served with basmati rice) that stalls and is tasty. I decorated it with spinach leaves but of course as always you can replace it with another vegetable depending on the season and your desires;)
- 300 g coral lentils
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 50 cl coconut milk
- 50 cl vegetable broth
- 200 g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 lemon
- Rinse and drain the coral lentils. Peel the onions and finely chop them. Peel and soak the garlic then squeeze it with the ginger.
- Melt a little ghee (or olive oil) in a large frying pan and brown the onions. Add the garlic cloves, pressed ginger and spices. Leave to cook for a few moments.
- Add the lentils, crushed tomatoes, coconut milk and broth, mix well and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring.
- At the end of cooking, add the lemon juice and the spinach leaves. Mix well and serve with basmati rice.