A few weeks ago I posted my recipe for chakchouka , this oriental dish made from tomatoes and eggs. It is a dish that I like a lot, easy and quick to prepare but above all delicious with these runny eggs, just taken in the sauce 🙂 Given the feedback I have had on the blog and on my networks, this recipe gives you pleased you too!
Like all recipes of this type, it is easy to make them your own and revisit them in their own way, depending on the season and the contents of our refrigerator. This time I wanted to complete my chakchouka with more vegetables, almost making a ratatouille with eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes.
It is important to put the eggplants in the oven before cooking in a sauté pan so that they are very tender. Do not hesitate to prolong the cooking so that all the vegetables are well cooked, we are not looking for crunchiness in this recipe;) If you wish, you can also add peppers to this recipe, then pass them in the oven with the eggplants before cooking them. And above all, use ultra fresh eggs, as they will not be fully cooked.
- 4 egg
- 1 eggplant
- 1 courgette
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 2 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 sprigs basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° C. Meanwhile, cut the eggplants into slices (with a mandolin it’s easier) and place them on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and season with salt. Bake for 10 minutes. Out of the oven, cut into large pieces.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into cubes and the zucchini into slices. Peel and slice the onion. Peel and squeeze the garlic cloves. Chop the basil.
- Brown the onion in a pan with a little olive oil then add the tomatoes (cubes, crushed and concentrated), zucchini, eggplants, garlic, paprika and sugar. Salt, pepper, and mix well. Bring to a simmer and cook for ten minutes, covered.
- At the end of this time, dig 4 niches in the sauce to break the eggs, cover and cook for 3/4 minutes until the white is cooked and the yolk still runny. Serve hot with slices of toast.