Very fresh and crunchy little rolls to enjoy as an aperitif or as an accompaniment
Here is a recipe that had been lying around for last year in my draft articles and that I had completely forgotten… .oupsss ^^ And yet we had it a-do-re !! It’s a great idea to offer as an aperitif or as an accompaniment to a barbecue.
The grilled eggplant slices are topped with a creamy spiced quinoa and crunchy raw vegetables, a slightly improved version of the vegetable sticks for dipping in cottage cheese ^^
I used a vegetable yogurt for the base as usual, this time it was plain soy yogurt from Alpro but I admit that I have a preference for plain Coconut from Andros. Do with what you have on hand and what you prefer;) If you don’t want a 100% vegetable recipe, you can use cottage cheese with or without fat.
For the vegetables, I garnished with carrots, beets, peppers and red onions, but again you can vary according to your desires!
- 100 g quinoa
- 2 eggplant
- 2 beets
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrot tops
- 1 red onion
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese or vegetable yogurt
- 1 bunch of flat- leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Provence herbs
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa in salted boiling water with the spices (cumin and paprika) for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the carrot tops and the flat-leaf parsley. Peel the carrots, onion and beets. Slice the onion and cut all the vegetables into sticks. Cut the eggplants into slices about half a centimeter in length, with a mandolin this will be easier.
- Mix 10 cl of olive oil with the herbs of Provence and a little salt then brush the eggplants. Grill in the oven or barbecue.
- Add the fromage blanc (or vegetable yogurt) and the chopped herbs to the quinoa. Mix then garnish the eggplant slices. Add the vegetable sticks and roll up. Hold with a wooden pick and serve chilled!