I told you a few days ago about the very friendly workshop in which I participated thanks to Magg i, and for the occasion I had prepared 3 regional recipes. Today I’m giving you my Grandmother-style Fleichkiechele recipe.
For the sauce
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 1 Maggi Veal Stock Heart capsule
- 100 ml liquid cream
- Finely mix the garlic clove and the onion. Put the minced meat, the crumbled slices of sandwich bread, the egg, the onion and the chopped garlic in a bowl and mix everything well. Season with Maggi aroma to your taste and mix again.
- Form stuffing balls the size of a golf ball and roll them in flour. Lightly flatten the meatballs between your palms to form patties (kiechele in Alsatian).
- Peel the mushrooms and cut them into strips. Heat a pan with a little olive oil and brown the meat patties for 5 minutes on each side, then remove and keep warm.
- Mix a capsule of Maggi veal stock in 150 ml of water, deglaze the pan with it and leave to thicken. Add the cream and the mushrooms to the pan and cook while stirring. Return the meat patties to the sauce and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Serve with a green salad.
You can prepare the Fleischkiechele and the sauce ahead of time and just reheat the patties in the sauce before serving.