Without doubt one of the most famous Christmas “bredele”: stars with a good taste of cinnamon covered with a white icing!
Here is a new bredele recipe brought up to date: Le Zimtsterne! These are delicious shortbread delicately scented with cinnamon, soft and melting!
These “Zimtsterne” understand “Cinnamon Stars” are certainly one of my favorite bredele… who knows why, for me cinnamon has always evoked Christmas ^ _ ^
And to help you in their realization, discover the recipe on video shot for 750 g !
For the cinnamon stars
- 200 g almonds
- 60 g caster sugar
- 100 g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp. Coffee Cinnamon ground
- 160 g flour
- 2 egg white
For the icing
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- Mix the blanched almonds in your food processor fitted with the knife or in a blender, they must be reduced to powder but not too finely. Put the ground almonds in the food processor bowl fitted with the leaf and add the sugars, cinnamon and flour.
- Mix quickly then add the egg whites and continue to mix until the dough forms a ball. Place the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 150 ° C. Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1 cm and cut out stars (or other shapes ^^) using a cookie cutter. Place the shortbread on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cook for 8 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- For the icing, whip the egg white to stiff peaks then gently fold in the icing sugar. Brush the completely cooled stars and let dry for a few hours.
Storage: Once the icing is dry, you can store the cinnamon stars for several weeks in an airtight metal box.