A delicious refreshing iced tea with flavors of peach, ginger and basil!
Summer seems to be playing yo-yo a bit… When I made this delicious iced tea, the heatwave was raging in the east of France and I was suffocating by 37 ° C: / Suddenly, a good scented tea and ice was the order of the day !!
Today, the temperature is rather around 17 ° C … well we can have fun all the same … even if I would rather prefer a good hot tea ^^ … Besides, where is what I put my little wool …
To make this iced tea, I used a novelty that the Palais des Thés kindly sent me: “Vive le thé”, a green tea delicately scented with citrus fruits and ginger. Sprinkled with pieces of orange, this tea has a very pleasant and fresh smell, with a beautiful harmony of zesty notes and ginger. When tasting, we have a nice balance between the fresh and spicy note of ginger, the lively zesty notes of lemon and grapefruit and the softer orange notes. I sweetened the tea a little further with the juice of beautiful ripe peaches (you have to take advantage of it the season is short!) And agave syrup and I added a little herbal note with fresh basil. An iced tea to consume at aperitif time or throughout the day!
- 4 beautiful ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons green tea with citrus for me, “Long live the tea” the tea Palace
- 4 cm ginger
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 branch of basil
- Bring 60 cl of water to the boil. Off the heat, add the roughly chopped ginger and let steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Chop 3/4 basil leaves and place them in a tea ball with the citrus tea. Add to the pot with the ginger and let steep, covered, for 3 more minutes. Strain the tea then add the agave syrup and mix well to dissolve it. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, peel the peaches and remove the pits. Cut them roughly then put them in a blender with 12 cl of water to obtain a smooth puree, if necessary add a little water. Switch to Chinese. Combine the peach juice, cold tea and lemon juice in a carafe and top with ice cubes.