A delicious leg of mustard and honey crust, baked in the oven with potatoes.
Easter is coming, so this is an opportunity to offer you a leg of lamb recipe! A very easy, quick and not a headache but really delicious recipe that will amaze your guests for sure;)
I brushed my leg with a mixture of honey and mustard (it’s a bit of a sin with the lamb ^^) and it gives it a crispy crust full of flavor.
Side accompaniment, I bet on Hasselback potatoes that will cook with my leg and I served green beans apart for a little greenery ^^ I offer the recipe on video to show you an easy way to make Swedish potatoes;) So are you tempted?
- 1 leg of lamb
- 2 c. tablespoons honey
- 2 c. tablespoons mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 potatoes
- 1 garlic head
- 1 laurel branch
- 2 fresh rosemary branches
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 10 cl olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° C. Peel and dehydrate the 2 garlic cloves then press them. Add the honey and mustard and mix well.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into thin slices without going to the end so that they always hold together. For this, you can help yourself with chopsticks to stop the knife when cutting;)
- Place the leg in a dish lined with baking paper and brush with the honey mixture. Place the potatoes all around and insert the bay leaves between the slices.
- Cut the head of garlic in half and add it to the dish. Sprinkle with thyme and rosemary, salt and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes depending on the size of your leg (here for a short leg of 1.2 kg the cooking time was 1 hour).