Corn tortillas topped with a minced meat mixture
Today I offer you a nice little recipe for a dinner with friends or even a dinner aperitif! I really like tacos because you can put whatever you want in them, I usually prepare several bowls with garnishes and so everyone puts what they want in their tortillas 🙂
Here I prepared a kind of chili made from ground beef, red beans, corn and tomato sauce. You can also use leftover chili or bolognese to garnish tacos, it’s a good idea to reuse leftovers;)
I offered with my chili salad, red cabbage just cut into strips, avocado slices, guacamole, onions, lime and small peppers for the more adventurous ^^
For the torillas, simply put them in the microwave a few seconds before serving, so they will be warm and more flexible. You don’t have a microwave? No problem! Place them on a wire rack over a pot of simmering water and cover with a plate. They will heat up with steam;)
And since it’s better homemade, don’t hesitate to try my homemade tortilla recipe , it’s very easy to make and economical!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 500 g minced meat
- 200 g red beans
- 1 small box of sweet corn
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 tomato
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 20 cl tomato coulis
- 1 red onion
- some lettuce leaves
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- chilli optional
- salt and pepper
- 2 lawyer for the service
- Finely chop the red onion. Core the pepper and cut it into strips. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Brown the onion in a little olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the minced meat, salt and pepper and brown.
- Add the strips of peppers, red beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato paste and spices. Mix well, adjust the seasoning and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with corn tortillas, lettuce leaves and guacamole if desired.