A gourmet dish of chicken thighs and split peas with orange
Another recipe borrowed from Yotam Ottelenghi! I love his cooking and I am never disappointed with his recipes. So when I saw this one pan of chicken in an English magazine I immediately wanted to test!
Fan of one pan and Yotam, I could only like it ^^ And it is: this dish is original and delicious! I’m never quite sure how to use split peas (other than making split pea falafel or soup) and it’s really great as a side dish for chicken. All the flavors combine wonderfully between orange, maple syrup and spices. In short, I can only encourage you to try this recipe which changes very, very quickly!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 200 g split peas
- 1 orange
- 50 cl chicken broth
- 30 ml maple syrup
- 1 head garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 ° C.
- Take a large salad bowl and place the chicken thighs, the unpeeled orange cut in 6, the head of garlic cut in half vertically, the onion peeled and cut into 6, the coriander and the cumin. Add 50 ml of olive oil, 20 ml of maple syrup, salt and pepper. Mix well until everything is coated.
- In another bowl, combine the raw split peas, broth, 150 ml of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Pour the split pea preparation into a deep ovenproof dish and place the chicken and its marinade on top. Cover (with the lid of the dish or a sheet of aluminum foil) and bake for 1 hour.
- At the end of this time, uncover, brush the chicken with the rest of the maple syrup and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro.