A great classic of Alsatian cuisine: bibeleskaes!
With the gloomy weather of the past few days, I wanted a soft dish , a dish from my childhood, easy to prepare and so comforting : Bibeleskaes ! Literally the cheese of the little chicks , don’t ask me why, sometimes you better not know lol
Very widespread in Alsace (you will find it on the menu of all the good winstub), it is a whipped white cheese embellished with cream which is seasoned a little tartare style : we put all the seasonings aside and you make your mixture;) It is traditionally served with raw sautéed potatoes ( Gebraedeldi ) or in field dress ( Gschwellti ) and munster .
For my part, I customized the traditional recipe a bit by serving it with small oven-roasted potatoes with herbs, berry and a little dry white wine (Riesling). which can be eaten with the skin on and which lends itself well to baking. As a great gourmet I added a smoked sausage bought from neighboring Franc-Comtois… in short, a regional dish… but not only ^^
- 400 g delicacy type potato
- 1 beautiful branch thyme dried
- 1 tsp juniper berries
- 10 cl white wine
- 200 g smoked smoked bacon
- 1 smoked sausage optional
- 500 g white cheese, beaten
- 20 cl heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onion
- 1 bunch of chives
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° C.
- Brown the bacon in a dry pan. When they are golden, put them in a bowl and pour the rendered fat into an ovenproof dish.
- Add the washed and unpeeled potatoes to the dish with the thyme, rosemary and juniper berries. Salt and pepper then sprinkle with dry white wine and a spoon of olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At the same time, poach the smoked sausage in simmering water. Once the 30 minutes have passed, add the bacon to the dish, mix and then place the smoked sausage on top. put everything back in the oven off.
- Prepare the bibeleskaes: finely chop the onion, garlic and chives and place them in separate small ramekins. Mix the fromage blanc with the sour cream, salt and pepper.
Serve by presenting the potatoes with the bacon and sausage cut into a dish, the fromage blanc in a large bowl and the seasonings aside. So everyone can prepare their bibelskaes to their taste! Serve the dish with a good farmhouse munster.