Winter vegetables in a casserole dish with quinoa and bulgur for a complete dish.
I don’t know if it’s Réjane’s influence , but lately I’ve been more and more inclined to cook small, complete dishes full of vegetables and seeds ^^ Finally, it’s really quick, all cooked together and we have a delicious dish, full of flavor and very healthy 🙂
For some time now, I have been completely addicted to the “ Bulgur and Quinoa ” mixture that can be found in the rice section of the supermarket. It’s very good, a little crunchy and I find that it allows you to make simple and gourmet dishes! This is the same mixture that I had already used for my lentil and feta quinoa salad.
Suddenly, to test my new Staub casserole dish , I wanted to make a similar dish but in a winter version ^^ With lots of beautiful seasonal vegetables, not so forgotten: swede, Jerusalem artichoke, squash and chard . I added chestnuts offered by my blog-friend Emeline, whose flavor goes so well with winter vegetables; and a little cream cheese for the sweet tooth , but you can do very well without;)
I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that the annual Staub clearance sale will take place on November 24, 25 and 26 at the Turkheim store (practical information at the end of the article). You can find all the brand’s utensils there at very affordable prices (up to -50%) , enough to equip yourself or complete your collection with quality products in cast iron, ceramic or stainless steel. Personally, I swear by the Staub cast iron casseroles because they allow homogeneous cooking and are very easy to maintain 😉
- 200 g quinoa and bulgur mixture
- 500 g butternut squash and patisson for me
- 1 small rutabaga
- 10 Jerusalem artichokes
- 5 Swiss stems
- 15 cooked chestnuts
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the service
- cream cheese (optional)
- Prepare the quinoa according to the instructions on the package then let it drain in a fine colander.
- Meanwhile, peel all the vegetables and cut them into large cubes. Heat a cast iron casserole dish with a base of olive oil then add the squash, rutabaga, Jerusalem artichokes and the bouillon cube. Wet with a glass of water, mix and cover. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chard to the casserole dish, mix and cover again. Continue cooking for 5 minutes. Finally add the chestnuts, mix and continue cooking, covered, until the vegetables are tender.
- Finally add the quinoa to the casserole dish, mix well and cook, covered, without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped flat-leaf parsley and a cream cheese quenelle (optional).